Tuesday 9 August 2011

Paragraphing and Writing has BEGUN!

So guess who's actually writing again? That's right people, I've finally lost my August writing challenge virginity (that was a sort of bad/inappropriate analogy, wasn't it? I'm sorry, I'm very, very sorry). Mind you, I've only written about a sentence, but tonight is a night of little to no homework, there's nachos for dinner and I actually have free time. Yes, my dear friends, life is good.  :)

Admittedly, I do have a Geography exam tomorrow, but I'm being blissfully ignorant about that fact, and spending some quality time with my W.I.P.

So, on another note, I spent my day writing many, many paragraphs. First, in Modern History we have a mini writing workshop about how to write comparative paragraphs, as well as cause and effect paragraphs. We then began talking about Euthanasia during Nazi Germany, which was severely depressing. That's one thing I've noticed since we started this unit, is that by the end of every single, stinking lesson, I end up feeling depressed because I just can't get my head wrapped around the fact that people can do that to each other, and not wonder about where their humanity is going. It's just, I don't even understand. *sighs* That's naivety at it's best, isn't it? Mind you, I have read Book Thief by Marcus Zusak (which is brilliant, in case you were considering reading it), so I do realise that most of the German people didn't even know what was really going on because they were so sheltered.

Anywho, then I had Biology, which involved spending the whole lesson writing out methods for our ecology reports. Speaking of which, next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I will be unable/unavailable to write up the daily blogs (I know you guys will certainly miss my touching posts, no need to cry *sarcasm*). This is due to the fact that I am off to a rocky shores ecosystem camp for the aforementioned report. My group is counting Red Warratah Anenomes, and Sea Urchins. It will be great fun. You know what's even greater? That, according to my teacher, we get to listen to lectures about ecosystems every night for two straight nights. I think I may die.

Then, last up, I had Maths. Which, is, you know, Maths. I don't particularly enjoy it, but I'm becoming increasingly pleased with myself due to the minute fact that I can actually understand how to do things like logarithms, and trig functions.

Anywho, that's me for the day. I hope all of you have joyous nights/mornings/afternoons and I shall see you all tomorrow.

BOOKS CURRENTLY READING: Supernaturally by Kierstin White
WORDS WRITTEN THIS MONTH: (Currently) I'm not actually entirely sure. Approx 32?
DAYS TILL BIRTHDAY: 16
QOTD: "Arthur Darvil* lives in Birmingham. People are rioting because they'll never be as cool as Rory Williams" - Georgia

*For those of you who don't know who Arthur Darvill is, he plays Rory in Doctor Who. He's Amy's husband, and is the one who keeps dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment