Wednesday 10 August 2011

English-Grammar Fiend.

So, I just lectured my friend about the importance of your/you're. Yes, I'm one of those people you meet. That person who automatically corrects you if you pronounce something wrong, if you're written grammar/ punctuation is wrong, or if you read the wrong sorts of books which have horrible English and are generally bad influences on your morals.

Yes, I'm the fiend of English. The Grammar Nazi. The ENGLISH Nazi.

So, hey there. Today's blog is going to be about my annoyances with today's modern English language. As many of you may or may not know, I'm doing Macbeth this term as part of a play study. Now, even though I'm completely aware that people in the 16th/ 17th century didn't actually talk like this, but it's just soooo romantic. Remember, you're talking to dead beat (hopeless) romantic here. I just GET Shakespeare, you know? Wow, you're all gonna think I'm some sort of freak aren't you? Everybody I know hates it, so I wouldn't be surprised if you guys think I'm weird, either.

But getting back to the main point (English/Grammar Nazi), I'm known among all friends as the Grammar Nazi/English Nazi. I wish I was kidding. My friends cower when I'm around, completely all too aware that if they say the slightest thing wrong, I will attack and lecture and correct. That was a joke.No, but seriously, I tend to get glared at a bit when I interrupt a conversation to edit someone.

Not that it's really my fault. When you read as much as I do, you quickly understand when people are making blatantly obvious mistakes. Having an English teacher as a mother, who continuously edits you not matter what hour of the day (or night), probably doesn't help either.

There was really no point for this blog. I just felt like writing it. So. Yea.
Tootaloo

BOOKS CURRENTLY READING: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
WORDS WRITTEN THIS MONTH: 833
DAYS TILL BIRTHDAY: 15
QOTD:
Me: I PROMISE YOU

I WON'T CHOP ANYBODY'S HANDS OFF
John:*looks at lightsaber with suicidal intent
Me: *laughs and subtly kicks light saber away from you
John: *collapses out of depression

No comments:

Post a Comment