Sunday 31 October 2010

NaNoWriMo.

HELLO ALL!
This, I promise, shall be a somewhat decent blog post. Why, you may ask? Because I have a somewhat semi-decent subject to blog about!

Who here, my fellow bloggers/reader, is doing NaNoWriMo? I am very much curious, so please let me know! Well, I'm doing it and I had a bit of a mini freakout a couple of days ago because I wasn't sure of anything, but all is well now! What is you novel going to be about, you may be asking. Well, I need to start a new paragraph to show you! (Also, it is a very basic outline, I honestly don't know what I'm doing for it for about two-thirds of the novel)

It's almost like a retelling of the poem 'The Lady of Shallott' (by Alfred, Lord Tennyson), but at the same time it's not. Here's the summary:
Charlotte Mayflower has lived her whole life in the tower. For nearly 500 years. She knows she should have never manipulated her admirer, Lance, into loving her, and now she has to pay. His mother, who just so happened to be a witch, cursed her into the tower and forbids her from leaving, otherwise death shall occur.

Arthur 'Artie' Pendra has just come to Camelot Academy escaping from the misery of losing his little brother. Family life isn't stable, and his house is just full of sadness. All he wants is to find his 'soulmate' (if there is such a thing) and live his life without misery.

But now Charlotte has been set from her curse and is able to leave the tower. On one condition, she kills the guy who she fell in love with and prevented her from marrying Lance. Now time is running out and Charlotte doesn't know what to do.

This is a very, VERY basic outline of my story, but anyways. Thoughts? And, ALSO, as I'm sure you are very much aware, I suck at figuring out titles. So this is where you, my lovely readers, come in. Might you give me title suggestions? I would love you far too much if you did!

continue being lovely!
&dftba. xox

BOOK CURRENTLY READING: Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson.

p.s this is the link to my account if you wanna be writing buddies: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/619564

No comments:

Post a Comment