Friday 31 October 2014

Things I'm Digging | October 2014.

Let's end the week with an actual, current 'things I'm digging' feature. Then, we can move onto other things and you don't have to see the same thing every other day. Ok? Ok.

TV
Outlander
I actually started watching this one back in September, and didn't think much of it, so I stopped. Then, a couple of weeks later, I was listening to a lecture for one of my classes, and there was a guest lecturer, and he was Scottish. I don't know what happened, but it was like alarm bells were raised and basically I got suckered back into watching it because of the Scottish accents. I wish I was joking.

Also, Jamie? I literally want to giggle when I think about him. It's embarrassing. Never in my life have I felt the need to giggle over a guy - real or fictional. But Jamie is a special circumstance, apparently.

MOVIE
Gone Girl
Oh, wow. This movie takes you for a spin, doesn't it? I saw Gone Girl right at the start of the month, because the Mother is a huge fan of the book and was really eager to see it. It stayed with me for a few days afterwards. So, so well done. A little graphic in places, but wow. I honestly think Rosamund Pike should be given an Oscars' nomination. She was the best.

BOOK

Sabriel by Garth Nix or The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
I read a few good books this month. I couldn't choose between these two. Sabriel is a badass, and it wasn't what I expected. The Handmaid's Tale was what I expected but so much more. Both are very different. Both are well-written. Omg. I just have a lot of feelings on both of these books.

MUSIC
Taylor Swift
Soz, not soz. I don't know why, it just is. Deal with it.

MAKEUP/FASHION
Wedges (Forever 21) and Bright Lipstick
I love, love, love the wedges. They're amazing. Ridiculously high, but surprisingly comfortable. They're appropriate for more formal events and can be equally appropriate for casual times. They're great, I just love them.

I've just been really liking the whole fresh-faced, simple makeup look with a bright lip recently. For whatever reason, orange is the colour of choice. The lipstick I've been wearing nonstop is Maybelline's Colour Sensational in Orange Edge (980). It's really good because you can go hard-core orange, and really slather it on, or you can make it look more like a stain. Either way, it looks A+. (I swear that it is orange, it's just coming up as red in the picture for some reason)

&&&

And that is it! The end of my week of catch-up. From now on, you will only get the prescribed one 'things I'm digging' a month. Sorry, again. Hope that didn't bother you guys too much.

Anywho, what have you been up to? Anybody else stuck on Outlander as much as I am? Please tell me I'm not the only one in love with Jamie.

On a completely unrelated note, I'll be doing NaNoWriMo this year! If you're doing it, lemme know and we can be writing buddies. Click here for the link to my account.

No comments:

Post a Comment