Friday 25 July 2014

The Future.

Today, I've got to start packing. That's kind of what my life is nowadays. Moving back and forth between uni and home. Uni ending, so I get a month off to go home. I get settled. Do things. Don't really want to leave. The thing about holidays is that they always eventually end. Unfortunately, my mid-year break is about to end. I wouldn't be complaining about this if I felt like I'd done more. I had a whole six weeks off, and it feels like I did next to nothing. I mean, I know I re-did my room, but I had so many more plans.

I wanted to start working on a novel. I wanted to finish editing my friend's manuscript. I wanted to try to do some more driving lessons.

Instead, it seems like I can't even finish a short story.

I don't know. This happens every time, doesn't it? It's not even like I don't want to go back to uni - I do. I miss my friends, and I miss living in a city that's bigger. But it's like, no matter where I go, I'm going to miss someone.

That's the realities of growing up, I guess.

I always laughed when I was younger at people who were terrified of getting older. Ironically, I think  I've become one of them. I think it's because there's no stability or security in the future anymore. Again, sort of funny given how much I like to embrace change.

The difference, I think, is that when I embrace change, I know what's coming. There's no guarantee for the future. Things just aren't going to be as simple.

I realise that this post makes me sound incredibly sad. I'm not. There are some things I'd like to change, but I am happy. It's just like Emily said, I guess. I'm feeling nostalgic for now.

(I wrote this last week, but scheduled it for this week. Sorry if that's a little confusing)

No comments:

Post a Comment