Monday 7 October 2013

Things I'm Digging | September 2013

TV
Castle

I recently went through my annual re-watch of everything Castle, so I'm going to say Castle. It's one of those shows that just gets better and better with age. One of my biggest worries was that when *spoiler alert* happened, it would ruin the show. Surprisingly, it did the opposite. It made me love it so much more. The episodes are always incredibly well-written, and I mean. Nathan Fillion. Is there anything else I need to say? I won't lie though, I'm a little nervous to see where things'll go for season 6.


MOVIE
Stuck in Love

Stuck in Love is my movie recommendation of the month. I'd been wanting to watch it for a good while now. This is partly because of Kayley, who sung all the praises about the movie. It's also partly because Lily Collins. And also Nat Wolff (I mean seriously, when did he get so good-looking?) But mainly, it just sounded like a genuinely funny and well-written movie. It did not disappoint. I loved it. It's easily one of my new favourites. It's witty and deals with relatable things. It's just great, ok?


MUSIC
Lorde

I'm going to go with Lorde. She's wonderful. Insanely smart, and gorgeous voice. Also, her hair.


BOOK
Sleeping Dogs and The Bone Season

This is a little difficult because, as you might've seen, I read a lot of books in September. I want to say either Sleeping Dogs (by Sonya Hartnett) or The Bone Season (by Samantha Shannon). Both books might not necessarily be your cup of tea. Sleeping Dogs is a Southern Gothic set in Australia and deals with your basic family feud, incest, and unlikeable characters. While I found it a little slow, it was honestly like watching a psychological downfall in the characters. And wow. That ending.

The Bone Season, on the other hand, I think is a lot more likeable. I'm planning on writing up a full review soon, but I found it all a little insane. There are a few issues that I had (and that I know other people have had), but as a debut novel? It's pretty impressive. I'm eagerly anticipating the second book. (I say second book, because it's a series of seven. Seriously).


MAKEUP/FASHION
A globe necklace and Calvin Klein Lipstick (in Dangerous)
(The necklace Best Friend Rachael gave me)


 

(Calvin Klein Dangerous)

Again, it's a toss-up between a piece of jewellery I got as a gift, and a new lipstick I purchased. I absolutely adore this necklace. It was a late birthday gift from Best Friend Rachael, and omg. All the love. The globe actually swings and I just love it. Couldn't tell you where it's from though, so sorry about that.

The other favourite last month? My Calvin Klein lipstick. Right, so I feel like this needs to come with a back story. It was late August, and I was wandering around the internet, revelling in my new-found freedom. I could finally buy things! Online! Omg! And then I'm on fishpond.com.au and I see something amazing. Calvin Klein lipstick for $10. I looked at the colour and it looked similar to one that I was after. It was fate. So I bought it and it came, and it's a little darker than I had thought it would be, but I love it. It's amazing. And that concludes the story part of this blog. Oh, and if you're after the colour it's: Dangerous (#113)


&&

So those were my September favourites. What about you guys? What's tickled your fancy in the last month?

No comments:

Post a Comment