Saturday 6 October 2012

It's been a while.

It's been a while since you've last seen my face here. Partly because I have just had no urge to talk about anything. But it's also partly because between school and work and trying to keep up with other hobbies, I've had no time to do anything. But things are a little different now. This is basically my last day of holidays (excluding tomorrow because I'm working) before I enter into the last ever term of high school.

In six (6) weeks, I will be a high school graduate. In six (6) weeks tomorrow, I'll be on a plane out of Australia and on my way to the U.K. Six weeks. Six weeks is 1.5 months. One and a half months is approximately 45 days. It is complete madness and it just blows my mind how quickly everything is changing.

December 15th, I'll get my OP. I'll find out if I've gotten into my university just from that minuscule number. And the thing is, is that on December 15th, I'll be in Italy. Forever in my mind now, Italy will directly correlate with that tiny number that doesn't even mean anything a year after it's been handed around.

By January, I will have found out exactly what courses I've been accepted into. The result is the difference between things going smoothly and my plan being out of balance. By January, I'll have found out whether the places I've applied to live have accepted me. That's the difference of me living independently or with my dad.

I've had to find a new home for next year. I've applied for two separate living accommodations and both sound great. The problem is, is that I don't know if I'm accepted into either one yet. One's closer to my uni and a lot more independent, where the other one is still independent but to a lesser degree, and is a fair way further from uni. The only way I can think to describe my life is insane, because quite honestly, it is insane at the moment.

My formal is in 45 days. My graduation ceremony is in 44 days. I know that there are times when all I want to do is scream and get frustrated and browse Tumblr, but it's not really about that now. All I feel at the moment is nostalgia. This is all I've known. Literally. I've been at my school since I was 6. I know I'll probably end up crying, at the goodbye ceremony. I'd be kidding myself if I said I wouldn't.

I think I want to do more with my blog. I don't know, I've just, I've been denying it it's proper use. I'm thinking I'll try to blog once every two weeks. I need some sort of routine right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment