Sunday 23 January 2011

The Massive Update that is My Life.

HELLO! *pats heads of readers fondly*
I've missed each and every one of you whole-heartedly but I'll admit that I've been particularly lazy with my blogging recently. As much as I want to say it's because of work, etc, etc, I'll own up to it and tell you that, no, I'm just avoiding making amusing posts because I can't be bothered. HOWEVER, just so you know right now, in two days time, I am actually starting school again, so there WILL be a reason as to why there are either more or less blogs (that depends on my procrastination level).

I feel it necessary to tell anybody who'll listen that the first day of school and I have a bit of a bitter sweet, rocky relationship. This has spanned over many years, but it's kind of properly hit home this year due to the unnerving fact that I start a day later than everybody else because I'm in Grade 11, and therefore my grades need to be tip-top by the end of this year if I want to get into a good rank for each of my classes in Grade 12 (this is all Australian education system, and I suggest that if you know what's best for you, you don't ask any questions because I could begin to ramble). Also, because I'm a huge idiot, I decided it best that I do all the 'hard' subjects for the next two years. This involves Geography (which I've never done), Modern History, Maths B (or harder maths, whichever you prefer knowing it as), English, Biology and Music. The 'hard' subjects are Modern History, Geography and Maths B. So, you know, FUN.

ALSO, I've not totally given up on my NaNoWriMo novel, but I really need a break from it (so, I'm taking a break, obviously). Before you say anything else, yes, I have indeed not been at all imaginative with the NaNoWriMo novel's title due to my lack of creative energy flown towards that department. However, I did start another book, though my being a perfectionist makes it hard for me to start because I'm frustrating myself with how to begin, etc (which, I feel you should know, I do very well for someone of the ripe, old age of 15). It's a contemporary drama, titled 'Georgie & Olive' (and before you type a comment asking if one of my friends thought that up because it's horrible/brilliant, no I did. 'Tis very creative, I KNOW *sarcasm). But since that isn't going anywhere at present, I've decided to try out another idea of mine (hence, the reason I'm starting a new paragraph, because not only is that correct grammar, but also, this paragraph is starting to become far too long for my liking).

Thus far, I have a vague plot which involves parallel universes, wars and all that jazz that goes along with it. So I suppose it could be classified as a Supernatural/Fantasy thriller? *shrugs* It doesn't really bother me at the moment because I'm just seeing where it goes (which is lacking all that I did for the planning for 'Georgie & Olive'). I'll show you a little excerpt now, because I feel like it.

So what do you think? It sounds kind of depressive at the moment, but I've started to realise that most of my writing projects are naturally like that at the start (which, you know, is kinda sad, but still). Also, if you'd like to help in any way, feel free to suggest names (whether that be character names or made up names for countries, planets, etc) and TITLES (because, as we all know, titles are Jocie's nemesis). I've gotta go ask my writing buddy now her opinion on this project thus far (and before you say anything else, yes that's all I've written, and no, even if you do want to read more, you can't because, a) as aforementioned, I haven't written anymore and b) I don't feel like showing/telling you anymore (despite how mean that sounds, I mean it in the nicest way possible)


ALSO, on the topic of books, I maybe, possibly, did splurge some money on some books (which I haven't recorded because, remember, I'm the lazy person). I have a picture though, so here ya go!
I only realised after I took the piccie that I doubled up from last blog post (so sorry). But here are the books (from left to right):
Alpha Beta by John Man
The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha
Evernight by Claudia Gray
Tithe: A Modern Faery Tale by Holly Black
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by David Levithan & John Green
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.

No need to discuss my problem with buying books. Yes, I bought all of them. Yes, I have a teensy bit of a problem. Everybody buys too much of one thing. Also, these books weren't all bought in one sitting. They were bought on SIX different days.

Now, I can't remember if I posted a blog before Christmas wishing you a merry Christmas and I realise that even if I hadn't it would be far too late for me to say it now, but I still hope you all had amazing/wonderful/brilliant/awesome/magnificent/glorious Christmas' and New Years'. I will try to post more often, honest.  :)
Continue being lovely
&dftba. xox

BOOK CURRENTLY READING: Matched by Ally Condie.
p.s. I'm sorry if this blog post bored you to death, but I hope someone revived you in time for you to continue living, because otherwise that would really be quite unpleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment