Thursday 2 December 2010

HUZZAH! (An Extremely Long Blog)

This is my post of HUZZAH-iness because I'm celebrating my release from the gates of school (that's a dodgy metaphor). It is a little late, I'll admit that but I was busy being a homebody and loner. On Monday, I went out with friends and we had a 'finished school for the year' dinner and we talked and ate and everything was pure bliss. Some photos shall now appear magically:


Unfortunately, I couldn't find a picture of all of us together, because my friend who decided to take all the pictures decided to not put it up on Facebook (also, there were more of us).

Over the past couple of days, I have probably read more than I have in the past month (due to no more schoolwork and such). I've finished 'Beautiful Darkness' (by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl) and 'The Iron King' (by Julie Kagawa). I plan on writing a review of 'The Iron King' quite soon, though I'm not sure when exactly.

I've failed NaNoWriMo sadly. After the meter said I had to write about 4,000 words plus each day to win, I knew I was doomed. I believe this is because of the fact that I had to focus on my schoolwork and everything, though, had I the time, I would've been capable of producing a better written novel. However, I am still very pleased with myself, due to the fact that I have never written as many words as I had in this past month. I will continue to write (or attempt), but after scanning the text a little, there is much work to be done.
   One thing, for instance, is that my continuity is completely off, so I think I'll have to write a detailed outline and timeline once finished writing this first draft. There is many things that I learnt during this month and I won't regret them. As much as I do regret not winning NaNoWriMo, I still learnt a lot more about writing. Sadly, I won't actually be able to participate in NaNoWriMo for the next two years due to my mum wanting me to focus all my attention on school, which I can understand, it's just a little sad.

On a brighter note, last night my family and I put up the Christmas tree! It is, as per usual, overly dressed with tinsel (my brother has an obsessive love for it), but it's still got a lot of TLC that goes with it. My mum being a teacher gets presents from her students and as such, since we don't have presents as of yet to put under the Christmas tree, we are using her pressies from her students as an illusion that we really are a lot more organised than we actually are.

I have become a little obsessed with quotes and if someone says a word that ticks something off in my brain, I state a quote aloud. Like yesterday, for instance, I was writing something with a keyboard and instead of writing 'wow', I accidentally wrote 'woe' instead. It made me think of the last line in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet and I said aloud (to no one, as no one was in the house) 'And there never was such a story of woe, as of that of Juliet and her Romeo' (or something along those lines). I haven't looked at Romeo and Juliet in at least two months, and that still popped into my head. It confuses me profusely and when I asked a friend about it later that night, she stated me to be abnormal. Which is slightly cruel, but I'm not exactly normal so I didn't really take offence to it.

WOW, I'm kind of rambling now. I'll just stop writing this exceptionally long blog now and say 'farewell' until next I see you with a review. A thousand times goodnight/good day (depending where you are in the world)
Continue being lovely,
&dftba. xox

BOOK CURRENTLY READING: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment