Sunday 11 January 2015

BEDJ #11 | Update.

So, the plan for today was originally a review. A review for Gayle Forman's new book,  'I Was Here.' But I've been working a lot more than I'd anticipated, and when I haven't been working, I've been stressing about finding a place to live, and filling out rental application form after rental application form, and when I haven't been stressing, I've been sleeping. So, my time to write and schedule posts has been zero. Nil. Nada.

Instead, you're going to have to get by with a simple, 'hi-de-ho update post.' I hope that doesn't bore you too much.

My life for the past week and a half has consisted of moving from roommate to roommate (because apparently nobody wants to live with me ever), and then, when that miracle finally occurred, trying to find the perfect place to live. Which is difficult. Much more difficult than I'd assumed. It's especially difficult when your to-be-roommate is living in another city and not able to come to inspections with you.

I didn't realise any of this. Perhaps I've been naive towards it all, but I thought the process was pretty clear cut. In case you're a first time renter: It is not clear cut.

I mean, the week in general has just been pretty shit.

I hope everyone in France is keeping safe. It sucks so much that you guys had this happen to you. Australia is giving you all our love. We understand what you're going through. It's still pretty fresh in our minds. The shock doesn't go away overnight.

I'm sorry. This blog has turned into a rant and, when not angry, it is unacceptably sad. Let's talk about other things, like daisies and rain and the possibility of a new tomorrow.

Who am I kidding? I don't really have time to.

I hope you lovely people are enjoying my blogging everyday so far - what have you been your favourite posts?

Hopefully my posts will return to their usual selves tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment