Friday 4 July 2014

Things I'm Digging | June 2014.

TV
I won't lie. I was planning on saying Orphan Black. I decided that I'd finally just go ahead and see what all the fuss was all about. It's good, it really is. But then I thought to myself, 'I'm not being entirely honest with myself, am I?'

So, here we are. The TV show I've been obsessing over adoring lately is House Rules. Unfortunately, it's probably entirely foreign most of you lovely readers. It's basically a reality show (yes, I know. We *must* frown on reality shows, right?) where six couples renovate each other's houses. There's a little more to it, but the winner basically gets their mortgage paid off. I'd argue that all the contestants are winners though - they all go away with a newly renovated house. For free!

It might have been the thing that triggered the bedroom reno (not that I needed a huge push, but still). It's just a genuinely good-not-having-to-think-much show. I want Adam and Lisa to win, and The Mother has decided I need to marry someone like Adam. The more you know, amiright?


MOVIE
I saw a lovely little musical called Sunshine on Leith last month. It doesn't have a particularly complicated plot, but it's just lovely. It makes me so happy. I really recommend you just sit down and watch it. You won't regret it. It'll make a bad day much sunnier.

Also, it really makes me want to move to Edinburgh, but that is not the point here.

And the Scottish accents are amazing.

MUSIC
To be honest, I haven't really listened to any music this month. There are two albums I'm ridiculously keen on buying though: Passenger's Whispers, and Ed Sheeran's X. These two lovely humans are some of my favourite musicians. I've been streaming the songs on YouTube. They're gonna be good.


BOOK
I want to say Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas, but I can't. Because, technically I read that in May. But I'd already put my favourites post up. Don't worry though, there's going to be a review coming up. Pinky promise.

Instead, we're going with To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. This was my introduction into Han's writing, and I didn't really know what to expect. I would be lying if I said that the cover and the title really didn't draw me in, however. It was just a genuinely good book.

Someone asked me to write a full review of this one, so I won't go into too much depth here. It's just the book I needed at the time.


MAKEUP/FASHION
All the jumpers. Just, all the jumpers.

&&&

What about you? What have you been loving this past month?

No comments:

Post a Comment