Saturday 7 June 2014

Welcome Back.

Ok, guys. Sorry. I know there was a break in posting. Admittedly, it was only like a week or two, but no excuses. I just had a lot of assignments and they were making me feel dead inside, and I was totally burnt out.

But.

I'm done now. And I have no exams. You know what that means? HOLIDAYS.

That's right. There is six weeks of freedom calling my name. Starting today. I've already got some plans lined up.

a) Editing a friend's manuscript
b) Making a list of movies to watch before I go back to uni
c) Attempting to write my own thing
d) Getting back on board with the all important blogging

This is only a vague outline that I made just then. Basically, it's going to rock. *the 7th graders called - they want their vocabulary back*

I've been reading some great books recently, so book reviews are in order.

Right now, I'm getting my social life in order. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who puts friends (especially online friends) to the side when uni gets intense. It's never something I do on purpose, but it happens.

Some wicked concerts are coming up. Last week, I saw Gabrielle Aplin. In a cathedral. It was insane (insanely fabulous, I mean). Like, the acoustics are crazy. If you ever get the opportunity, see an artist you love in a cathedral or a church. Next week, I'm seeing Bastille with Best Friend Mel. Crazy excited for that as well. Then, next month there's Lorde. And the month after is Great Big World. Basically: A lot is happening.

In case you were wondering what I've been reading, the answer is: a lot. Most recently, Heir of Fire was finished. There's a lot of feelings on that book. You'll be getting a review at some point. Right now? I'm reading Razorhurst by Justine Larbalestier, and it's kind of great so far. I'm also reading a non-fiction book called The Secret Life of Pronouns by James W Pennebaker. It's about how humans use words and what the little things reveal about us. I won't lie, it's making me paranoid while I'm typing this, because I am sort of analysing my own writing.  Fun times.

So, I think that's about it. Blog posts will start being steady again, and I hope you're all feeling wonderful (and not too stressed if exams are about to happen).

No comments:

Post a Comment