Thursday 19 June 2014

On My Shelf #1

The lovely Sanne has created a series recently and I really liked it, so I thought I'd stick my hand in the mud and give it a go. Basically, the schtick is that you are given a shelf number and a book number and you show everybody what book is there. So, without further ado, books!

First things first, book shelfie. Because of reasons. And not because I just wanted to use the word shelfie.
*cue awkward moment when I've switched my bookshelf around since I took this picture*
 Bookshelf #1/Main Bookshelf
 Bookshelf #2 (or Unread Bookshelf)
Bookshelf #3 (Or Non-Fiction/Notebook Storage/DVD Collection Bookshelf)

Now, we begin! This is the awkward moment when I realise how many of these books I haven't read yet.

Shelf 1, Book 5
The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Ok, so. I haven't actually read this one. I adore F. Scott Fitzgerald's writing, and I adore The Great Gatsby, but I just haven't gotten around to this one quite yet. This edition is part of the Penguin Classics Fitzgerald Anniversary series. What can I say? I have a weakness for pretty books.

Shelf 2, Book 8
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
I have actually read this one. It may have taken me nearly a year (I get too distracted by other books) but I read it. I actually loved it. I know that doesn't make sense, but it's an A+ book. I'm not saying that I agree with the perspective on the issue of slavery and race, and I'm not saying that it's ok what they did. It's not. Obviously. But it's great writing, and Scarlett O'Hara is hands down one of my most favourite characters ever. She's a badass. Ok. Done.

Shelf 6, Book 3
Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin #2) by Robin LaFevers
I really love this series. It's historical, and it's about the Hands Maidens of Death (or if we're being particularly blunt, assassins) and it's just a badass series overall. I wasn't as impressed with this book, but I still enjoyed it and am as keen as a bean for the last one in the series.

Shelf 4, Book 5
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2) by Cassandra Clare
It's been a while since I read this book. I want to say I liked it, but the two most recent books in the series (City of Fallen Angels and City of Lost Souls) has totally tainted the whole series for me. I haven't read the last one yet. I don't know if I want to.

Shelf 7, Book 11
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Haven't read this one as of yet. I've tried a couple of times, but never been quite in the mood to read it. From what I have read, it's got some pretty spectacular writing. Lesley says it's A+ though, and therefore, I must give it a chance.

If you guys like this, and want to see more, write a shelf number and book number, and I'll do another. Or better yet, do one yourself! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment