Saturday 12 April 2014

Paris

Following on from my post on Edinburgh, I figured now would be a good time to post Paris. I think I'm going to divide Paris into Paris and Versailles. Versailles was hands-down my absolute favourite part of Paris.

I didn't adore Paris as much as I adored other places, but Versailles was just. Omg. I can't even talk about it. It's stunning. If you go anywhere in Paris, go to Versailles. But this post isn't about that! It's about Paris!

Like I mentioned above, I didn't like Paris as much. It's probably, in hindsight, largely because of an incident that happened in the first ten minutes on my being there (read: mugging). It left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. The smell also really bothered me though? I don't know.

It was still gorgeous though. Pictures!

 The Australian Promenade! We saw this on our first say of adventuring and promptly made it our mission to walk across it/through it every single day. (Which we did. Quite successfully). 
 This collection wouldn't be complete without Mona Lisa. I didn't have a  huge time to admire it. It was basically *picture* then get outta there. Thus, the off-kilter perspective.
 Both of the above two are outside the Louvre/opposite the Louvre. Much pretty. You see The Brother there, in all his grumpy finery. Yes, this is the locket bridge. Yes, it's gorgeous in real life. 
 On top of the Notre Dame. Such pretty, much view. A+
Shakespeare & Company! My one goal in the trip to Paris, was to get there. I got there. Was very happy. Got a few bookmarks. Not so much an actual book. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside. Understandably, as it was so cluttered and busy. Gorgeous little shop though. :)

So there's a very brief trip to Paris for you! The next post will definitely be Versailles and then, Italy! The final leg of the European Adventure. It's been a long time coming, I tell ya.

Other Pictures of the European Adventure (so far):

No comments:

Post a Comment