Friday 29 March 2013

Chocolate.

You know what the worst part of being sick at this moment in time is? That it's Easter. Now you're probably whispering out the sides of your mouths going 'Dude, where's she going with this? Has she finally lost it?'

I'll have you know that Easter happens to be my favourite time of the year. 'Ahhh,' you're all probably going, you understand now. But I don't think you truly do. You know why? Because up until this moment you probably didn't have the knowledge that mucus (that disgusting green thing that comes out of your nose) actually likes the stuff in chocolate - in fact, it thrives on chocolate, and prolongs its stay in your body with the stuff in chocolate.

Now you understand my being frustrated. As a bit of a chocolate whore (and Susie can attest to this), I very much have a hard time not eating chocolate once every week. Being at uni, I have probably gone through six plus withdrawals in regards to chocolate. It is a goal of mine to make the world see the beauty of it. And please, don't even get me started on the idea of chocolate going extinct (or more specifically, cocoa beans). That is just terrifying.

So being sick, at Easter, frankly is not an option for me. I wasn't even aware of this medical tragedy until last year, when I was talking to Best Friend Rachael about how I was munching on chocolate to make my (then sick) self feel better, and she broke the news to me. I refused to believe her until the Mother confirmed my suspicions, and now I'm just being pig-headedly ignorant because chocolate.

So, moral of the story, kids - BE HEALTHY AT EASTER SO YOU CAN ACTUALLY EAT CHOCOLATE WITHOUT PROLONGING THE LIFESPAN OF THE BACTERIA IN YOUR BODY.

I'm done now, and to just spite myself, I'm going to go eat chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment