Saturday 23 March 2013

A Kindred Spirit.

The other day, I had a big revelation (like being kicked-in-the-head revelation). I realised that I want to go back to the U.K. Like, really really want to go back.

This isn't me subtly trying to say that I'm not enjoying uni. It's the opposite in fact. I'm loving uni - I've made friends, I love my classes and lecturers and I've had relatively very little issue with living away from home for the first time.

It's just ---- U.K. England. Scotland.

You know when you meet someone and it's the easiest thing in the world because the conversation just flows and you have heaps in common? And you think, 'well, I've just met a kindred spirit.'

That's my feelings towards England. It (yes, the whole country) just gets me. It gets that I love history and the arts and colder weather. I love that London is so multicultural - that's not to say Australia isn't, it's just that London is to such a bigger extent. I love that in just under three hours, driving by car, you can be in another country entirely. You can't drive to another country in Australia unless you're keen on death by drowning.

I'm seriously considering applying for a study abroad right now. I really don't know though. Chances are, the whole expedition would be expensive, and in my second year I'd be starting my second major (which I'm really excited about).

I know I want to travel and live abroad, I just don't know how to go about it. Maybe I should wait until I'm a little more financially stable, and I have a more impressive resume. I don't know.

I hate being a sort-of adult, it's so conflicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment