Wednesday 7 January 2015

BEDJ #7 | Empties #1.

That's right, my friends. I'm going to attempt to take the plunge into beauty blogging. Let's see how this goes. I will admit that there isn't a heap of products here, but because I don't wear makeup everyday, it takes a while for me to run out of it.


1. Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser
I really like this moisturiser. I've used it probably for the past four years or so? My skin reacts well to it, and it's relatively cheap (big bonus for poor uni student). Plus, I've already got a heap of extras (the Mother likes to stock up), so it's nothing something I'll need to repurchase anytime in the near future. 

2. Sportsgirl Lip Jam in Peach
I love, love, love this stuff. It's relatively cheap, lasts for ages, and has the sweetest packaging ever. It smells pretty fab too (peach fangirl right here). I also found out recently that Sportsgirl doesn't test on animals, which is an added bonus (especially because that's something I'm trying to be more conscious about). Definite repurchase.

3. Avon Extralasting Concealer (Fair)
This concealer had amazing coverage. As someone who has chronic dark circles, this made my life a lot easier. Unfortunately, I don't really buy from Avon anymore, so I probably won't get it again. *upset face*

4. Max Factor Mastertouch Under-Eye Concealer (Fair)
This concealer is not nearly as good as the Avon one. Especially in terms of coverage. My thinking is that it's aimed for everyday use, and for people who don't generally get dark circles. And it's not cruelty-free either. Therefore, this is a no-go for me. If anyone does have a good cruelty-free concealer, let me know down below! I'd really appreciate it. Ta!

5. Avon Super Magnify Mascara (Black)
This is actually my all-time favourite mascara. Like, I love this mascara. It gave me a ridiculous amount of length, but it still maintained a natural finish. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Avon no longer stocks this mascara. If anyone can think of a similar cruelty-free one, let me in one the secret? I'm really not a fan of my current mascara, so I'd love any sort of alternative.

And that's it! How do you think I went? Expect more of these over the coming month. And by more of these, I obviously mean beauty and/or fashion posts.

1 comment:

  1. Yes for the Simple moisturiser! Not only is it cheap (haha) but it's also pretty brilliant as a moisturiser...Hmm, I mostly get make up products from the local drugstore Superdrugs, and their own brand products aren't tested on animals (so I get to splurge with a guilt-free conscience!). :D

    ReplyDelete