Tuesday 4 November 2014

Tag | Top 10 Books That Have Stayed With Me in Some Way.

Hey, lovely people. Today, I am doing a tag. As I'm sure you can see from the title, it's a tag about the books that left me with the biggest impression. The loveliest Kristy from Book Nerd Reviews tagged me. Please note that this isn't in any particular order. Ok? Let's go!

1.
Everything by Jane Austen.
You cannot make me choose just one of her books. It isn't fair. Austen is the queen, and I am her ultimate fan girl. I first started reading her back in 2009 and she was one of the main reasons I realised I wanted to have a career in book publishing (or, at the very least, have a career in something to do with books). Since then, I've read all her works, and a couple biographies on her as well. She changed how I read exponentially.


2.
Harry Potter (series) - J.K. Rowling
Again, you can't just make me choose one. Anyway, literally everyone and their mother probably has this as one of their choices so I feel like I don't need to explain why.


3.
Throne of Glass (series) - Sarah J Maas
I'll try to keep this brief, though that might be a little hard. You should all know by now how much I love this series. It is right up there as one of my favourites of all time. Celaena was one of the first characters who I felt was truly well-rounded and wasn't considered strong because of her abilities. She can kill people with the flick of her wrist, but she still loves dresses and books and she has that vulnerability there (especially so in the later books) that you don't see a lot elsewhere. This series inspires me to write. Ok. I'll stop blubbering now before I embarrass myself further.


4.
Bone Season - Samantha Shannon
The reasoning behind this might be slightly more related to the author than the book, but we're going to roll with it. Whenever I think about this book, I think 'wow.' Samantha Shannon, the author, proves to me that I can write and can achieve things. If she can be successful at such a young age, I can too. Is that cheesy? Probably. Oh well.


5.
Imaginary Girls - Nova Ren Suma
When I first read this book, it was totally different to anything I'd ever read. And the writing style really got to me. Nova Ren Suma has the style of writing I aspire to.


6.
Gone with the Wind - Margaret Mitchell
This is kind of an amazing mammoth of a book. This was the first big book I'd finished, and it stayed with me for months afterwards.


7.
Resistance - Owen Sheers
(Sorry, I don't have my copy with me right now - I lent it to someone. Thus, the lack of photo) 
This book just stuns me. The writing, the story itself, everything about it stuns me. I read this one probably about two years ago now, and I still have moments where I just stop what I'm doing and think about this book.


8.
Bridget Jones' Diary - Helen Fielding
I feel like we all have a little bit of Bridget in us. There's just something about her - I dig it. This is one of the few books that has literally LOL. Her neuroticism's are my neuroticism's. I can't really explain why I love this book so much, or why it stayed with me. It just did.


9.
Everything by Meg Cabot
She was a big influence on me in my formative teeny-bopper years. Absolute favourite author back then. I devoured everything of hers (even her adult books)


10.
Just One Day - Gayle Forman
Gayle Forman created a character in Allyson that made me feel a lot less alone.

So, that's my list of books. Hope you like them. This was actually a lot harder than I'd initially anticipated. I suppose I ought to tag some people:
Renee @ Book Boyfriends
Bernadette @ The Bumbling Bookworm
Kate @ Fictional Thoughts
And anybody else who wants to do it!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh thanks for the tag Jocie!!! <3 I shall post mine now! ^.^
    I think we can all agree that Harry Potter will stay with all of us forever! (oh the feels that come with that series...MY CHILDHOOD!)

    ReplyDelete