Thursday 6 November 2014

Haul | Forever 21 & Books.

I've been spending a lot recently. I think a lot of it's got to do with stress, but yes. I've been spending a lot. Too much. Anyway, I thought I'd do a brief blog post on some on my more recent purchases. It isn't going to be huge, but who cares?

Onwards!

Forever 21 has recently started opening stores in Australia. I know, we're finally getting with the times. Of course, I was intensely curious because all the YouTube beauty guru's buy everything from there. So, I went in.
These wedges were the first thing that caught my eye. As you very well know from my October Favourites post, I adore these shoes. They're just gorgeous. They are here on the Forever 21 website, if you'd like to take a peek. 
 I also bought this top. It's that funny material that isn't great to wear when it's hot. So I regret that? A little bit. But I mean, it'll be still be great to wear in the colder months. It's got the collar, and it's easy enough to dress up or down. It's here on the website if you'd like to take a look.
And then there was the books. I actually mentally allowed myself to go crazy in the book department. That says something about my development as a person that I only came away with three books. The first thing I got was Cross Stitch by Diana Gabaldon. Yep, I caved. I need more Jamie in my life, ok?

Then I decided to go on a sequels binge and bought Farseekers by Isobelle Carmody. It's the second in the Obernewtyn Chronicles. I first read Obernewtyn two years ago now, when I was in Paris. And I thought now was as a good a time as ever. She kind of takes forever to write these books, so my thinking is that if I read this series slowly I won't have the agonising wait for the last books. Seriously. She's like the female version of George RR Martin.

The last book I got was Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken. I'd really enjoyed The Darkest Minds when I'd first read it (again, nearly two years ago). Now, what with In the Afterlight (the final book) out, I thought this would be the perfect time to finish the trilogy. Also, I recently followed her on Twitter, so that might've influenced me a little bit.

&&&

And with that, we reach the end of the haul. Unless you want to count what I bought with an iTunes card I recently got. But let's not go there.

Have you guys bought anything interesting recently? Let me know, down in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. I caved and bought cross stitch too - couldn't resist for the exact same reason (Jamie <3). After my final exam is over I can't wait to go to forever 21 - i'm thinking monday i.e. as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete