Tuesday 1 April 2014

Edinburgh

I thought I should probably try and get as much of the European Adventure out of the way. It's been going on for far too long. I can't believe it's still going. I promised myself I wasn't going to be one of those people who took forever. Yet, here we are.

This'll be the last stop on the U.K. side of the trip. Unfortunately, there aren't as many pictures here because guess who managed to nearly break her foot on the first night of arriving?

Here's a tip: Don't jump up and down on a road when the weather has been kind of pathetic the whole day (i.e. snow, and hail, and rain). Despite your enthusiasm, it won't end well.

Anywho, the plan for these final legs of the European Adventure 2012, is that I'll clump all of Paris together (was not a fan of Paris, unfortunately), except for maybe Versailles, because that was easily my favourite place. And I'll clump most of Italy together (probably).

Anywho, all aboard the Edinburgh Train!
Food from the cafe outside Holyrood Palace. The hot chocolate was A+. The cupcake not so much. (I might have gotten it not realising there were sultana's or raisins in it. I mean, it was dry as well, but that's not the point here)
Holyrood Palace. Sooo prettay
Chapel ruins right next door to Holyrood Palace
Edinburgh Castle
That place J.K. Rowling wrote some of Harry Potter in. (It's A+ just generally, but that little fact made it ten times cooler)
Mary Queen of Scots Tomb! For all you Reign fans out there, here's the real Mary. (even if she's mighty more desecrated or whatever)
The Christmas German Markets. So pretty!

So, that's the highlights of Edinburgh. It was easily one of my favourite places of the trip. Even if I wasn't able to do/see as much as I'd wanted.

Other Pictures of the European Adventure (so far):
London | Bath (& Stonehenge) | Stratford-Upon-Avon | Blenheim Palace | Oxford | Warwick Castle | Edinburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment