Monday 10 March 2014

Of Course It's Going To Be Harder

It's the third week of uni, and I already know it's going to be harder than last year. This feels like a really stupid thing to say.
       'Of course it's going to be harder, Jocie. What did you think it was going to be? Easier?' 
Let's leave that topic for another day? Because I mean I knew it was going to be harder. I guess I just didn't expect it to be so immediate.

Already, I've got to try and keep up with the readings (and there are a lot). I've got no exams, which is cool, but I've got a whole heap of assignments, which isn't so. I'm worried about some of the tutors. I'm worried about some of the classes.

I don't know. Worrying is the norm for me, so I don't know how seriously I should take myself right now. There's no point in sulking and complaining about it. It won't achieve anything, except perhaps rightly-felt annoyance for you.

I'm usually pretty organised, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to be stricter with myself. I've decided a couple of things. For one, I can't be as lenient in terms of procrastination. It won't end well. I can already tell. For two, well. I mean, I only really thought of one, to be honest.

So starting soon, I'm going to do that. Or, at least attempt it. I still want to blog and everything as often as possible, so we'll see how it goes, I guess.

My ultimate goal for this ultra-organisation is that I won't stress. Because when I stress, I stress bad. As in stay-in-my-room-and-drink-five-plus-cups-of-tea-every-day-until-all-my-assignments-are-done-and-let's-not-even-talk-about-the-lack-of-sleep-and-as-close-to-breaking-down-without-actually-breaking-down-as-you-can-get sort of bad. Best Friend Rachael can attest to this. I just hope it won't affect my social life too bad.
         'lol, social life? what social life?'*
I know, I know. It was one of my goals to try and do more social-y things, and it's one that I want to actually stick to.

Ok. Well. Off to write other, happier blog posts. Sorry. I'm trying to stop the whingy posts. They're just annoying. I feel like there isn't really a point to this post? It's more of a talking-to-myself-and-processing-my-thoughts post?

Ok. I'll stop now.

*that may have been a very bad attempt at a reference to an RACQ ad that only fellow Australians will probably understand. I digress. If you want to see the masterpiece in action, voila

No comments:

Post a Comment